We are currently seeking innovative Cost Managers and Senior Cost Managers to join a Real Estate Team in a well-established global construction consultancy to ensure that the client and contractor deliver the best value for money whilst advising all parties on the best solutions from a qualitative and commercial perspective.
Successful Cost Managers will have a relevant degree and possess an excellent knowledge of construction, from either a main contractor or PQS background.
As Cost Manager you will have a proven track record of delivering high quality management / quantity surveying services across the full project lifecycle.
Experience and Skills:
- Degree qualified – preferably within a construction related discipline.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment strongly desirable.
- Ideally Pre APC (Assessment of Professional Competence) or post APC – RICS.
- Previous experience in commercial / residential / healthcare would be a bonus.
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Supporting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage.
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Responsible for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Inputting into value engineering.
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.