Our client, a contracting business, requires the services of a Project Manager to help with a multimillion pound communications project. Based in the North West, you will be part of a niche business and effective team, to deliver a major radio hardware & software based contract for a transportation client.
The role of Project Manager, is multi-faceted, it will involve typical Project Management duties such as maintaining a weekly PM plan with the main contractor and being the main point of contact for any project and contractual issues along with the ownership of the schedule plan which is based in MS project.
Key duties will include:
- Manages cost, schedule and quality by overseeing project deliverables.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provides input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
- Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
Essential Skills required:
- Project Management Experience (5+ Years)
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications; including Excel
- Schedule management including use of MS Project.
- Sector expertise, defence, engineering and or communications.
The client can offer a competitive salary from £45-50k and benefits. The role and main HQ is North West based and the successful candidate is expected to be in the office 2 days per week.