An exciting opportunity for a Risk Manager has arisen to work for an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry.
The ideal candidate for this role will be BPSS clearance as a minimum and proven construction industry knowledge and an in depth understanding of risk, as well as a broader appreciation of project controls. They must be a forward-thinking individual with experience of working with multidisciplinary teams and strong decision-making capabilities and have highly developed communication and client management skills.
This is a hands-on role and, although support will be available, the successful candidate is required to be self-motivated and to achieve deliverables and objectives with minimal supervision.
- To provide risk and opportunity management advice and support to a project and drive, co-ordinate and report on the risk and opportunity management effort, always ensuring that such effort contributes positively to the programme meeting its objectives. Facilitate the identification of risks which may cause the projects to fail in meeting its financial or non-financial targets
- Facilitate the identification and classification of opportunities which when realised will benefit the project/programme
- Assist in the development or improvement of effective and efficient tools, mechanisms, and processes to manage and report on risks and opportunities, and where required, develop and implement the same
- Ensure that effective and timely control measures are implemented that monitor the risk situation to inform decision-making and enable appropriate mitigating action to be taken
- Assist in defining the risk strategy which sets the context for risk management in alignment with Company policies in which risks of all types will be identified, analysed, controlled, monitored, communicated, and reviewed
- Assist the PMO team and ensure consistent application of risk policies, principles, and practices, and supporting systems and procedures; randomly check risk management and response plans to see that actions are being undertaken
- Work with project and PMO teams to ensure a consistent approach is made to the identification, assessment, analysis, mitigation, and reporting of risks; ensure that risks that become issues are resolved to prevent them threatening the programme and project chances of achieving a successful outcome
- Ensure risks and opportunities are properly recorded within their respective registers and other data collection tools, and regularly communicate status to all relevant stakeholders, inform decision-making and enable appropriate mitigation or risk avoidance action to be taken
- Report on issues, risks, and opportunities periodically in line with companies reporting calendar
- Carry out training in the risk management techniques, tools and mechanisms and facilitate risk and opportunity workshops when required.
- Technical or engineering background with a suitable degree
- Demonstrable industrial experience with 7+ years working as a Risk Manager
- Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within the nuclear and defence industries
- Good understanding of risk analysis methods and analysis
- Familiarity with appropriate risk management and analysis software and computer programmes.
Hybrid role with site visits to Reading
Permanent OR Contract
Click to apply and one of the team will be in touch.