Senior Commercial Manager – Major Projects – Construction
We are recruiting for a Senior Commercial Manager for a key client in the Construction industry. The main focus of the role is on major overseas hospital construction projects. This role will act as a deputy Commercial Director reporting to the overall Commercial Director for the company.
The projects are based in the Middle East and are now starting construction. The key focus is to ensure management through a commercial team to the FIDIC contract, effective cost management throughout the project lifecycle and to provide effective reports and controls for the board of directors.
This role is based in the UK with regular overseas travel.
- All commercial management activities across the company.
- Manage all commercial aspects of the company’s projects.
- Provide Senior Management and the Operations Team with commercial advice and reports.
- Develop systems to monitor, review and control costs, risks and commercial processes.
- Lead a commercial team to ensure that good relationships and working practices are established and maintained with the client and the supply chain.
- Lead Commercial Managers / Surveyor’s to manage forecasting, budgeting and cost reporting functions.
- Oversee the tendering and procurement of sub-contractors.
- Oversee change control, variations and risk management across the projects.
- Oversee the procurement function including goods & services and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with and coordinate legal, tax, insurance and commercial inputs to the company.
- Responsible for monthly invoicing and to ensure smooth cash flow.
- Manage contractor audits.
- Manage financial recovery.
- Supervise the management of forecasting, budgeting and cost reporting.
- Production of monthly financial reports and forecasts.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable commercial expertise from managing major projects in the construction sector.
- Minimum qualifications HND/ HNC or higher.
- Ideally Chartered with RICS or an equivalent
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent all-round communication skills.
The client can offer a competitive salary and package with a true opportunity to develop into the overall company lead.
Salary £120,000 to £140,000 base, Car allowance, private health and pension.
For more information please forward a CV.